The process starts with a conversation where we can get to know you, your event, and how we can create a spectacular looking and tasting cake for you.
Consultations can be easily done over the phone and by email. For larger cakes, we can also discuss your ideas in person. We will schedule a consultation of approximately 45-60 minutes; that is our opportunity to discuss the design of your dream cake and you will be able to taste a variety of cake flavours. A non-refundable $45 deposit is required for consultations and tastings. This deposit will be deducted from the final price of your order over $600.
While a vast majority of our clients order a cake without having ever tried them before (and end up happily surprised with how tasting our cakes are), if you wish to do so, sample boxes with up to four flavours each are available for $45.
While we understand that there are often several people involved in the decision-making process, you recommend an intimate setting for the consultation with a maximum of four people per appointment.
As there are several considerations to discuss when ordering your cake please gather the following information before contacting us:
Type of event (wedding, birthday, bridal or baby shower, graduation, etc)
- Date, time and location of the event
- Event theme and/or colour scheme
- Number of people the cake needs to feed, and whether your guest list contains mainly adults, children or a combination
- Whether the cake will be the main dessert or if you are planning on serving other sweets
- Your initial thoughts and ideas about your design (inspiration can come from anywhere, such as invitation and save-the-date drafts, party décor, hobbies and interests, fabrics and textures, and of course pictures of cakes that you like)
- How much you are planning to spend (pricing information)